Monday, March 2, 2009

Tomorrow....

Tomorrow my baby turns one. My thoughts over the past few days have been about what my life was like a year ago, preparing for this child whom I had not yet met but already loved so much. Little did I know what was to come. The way I felt holding Max for the first time ....it was so emotional. Looking at his tiny little face, seeing parts of myself and Jeremy in him, it was the best feeling ever. I didn't think that anything would compare to how I felt that day. But every day after has held that same kind of "specialness" since Max was born. Each time he sleeps in my arms or cuddles with me, or reaches for me to pick him up, I feel bit of that same feeling I felt holding him the first time. Tomorrow is going to be emotional for me to say the least, but in the best way. Tomorrow will be a day celebrating Max's life, the joy he has brought to everyone and all of the exciting times that are to come!!! I will post some pictures of our celebration as soon as I can!

3 comments:

Baby Mitchler said...

Awwww...
You're the best kind of Mom, Wendie. It's no wonder Max chose you. :)
xoxo
Christine

Brad, Heather & Katie said...

Hope Max had a very special birthday!!

Grandma said...

Wendie....a mom can only know the bond between a mother and a child.
Max's birth was a very special day and to share his first birthday was so very special. You and Jeremy are awesome parents...Max is very loved and such a beautiful blessing from above. I'm very lucky to be his grandma! Can't wait to see you in April!
Love Grandma Hugs and Kisses for all of you XOXOXO