Well I completed the three hour glucose testing this morning and the results were that I have gestational diabetes. The doctor reassured me that this is very common for lots of women. She explained it would be important for me to keep a close watch on my blood sugar level as well as my diet. I am required to see a dietitian to make an eating plan as well as learn to check my blood sugar daily. The appointment is next Friday, so I will be learning everything I need to make sure Max and I stay healthy. Jeremy agreed to somewhat follow the eating plan too to help make things easier on me. Overall, I think this will be a good thing for us.
Well I am looking forward to this weekend! We are planning on doing some things to start the Christmas season by attending our town's Christmas Parade, hanging our lights on the house, and having a get together with some friends for the holidays.
3 comments:
Awww... I'm sorry hun. The doctor is right, in that it's very common. And probably the reason why you've been feeling so icky. Hope the diet thing goes well. It will be hard, but you'll feel so much better. And it's only for a couple more months. Chin up and we're here to support you in whatever way we can.
Love you.
A! Don't know much about this but get on the diet the doctor lays out for ya and ya know things will be just fine there is lots of good food out there that I'm sure will be in this diet. Glad to here that Jeremy is going to try the diet out as well. You three are going to be just fine. We will continue to pray for you and know that the good Lord will always care for you......Love ya's a whole bunch...MOM
Hey Wendie...you and little Max are looking great..to bad about the GD..but your diet will get that under control. Looking forward to seeing the 3 of you next week...just think, you will have a built in cook for a week:-) Lots of Love,
Tanya
Post a Comment