Friday, December 7, 2007

Feeling Educated

I know many of you may be curious as to how my appointment went with the nutritionist this morning so I thought I would post about it. I definitely feel better about things. I learned how I should eat- and believe it or not I can still have a lot of foods- just control the portions. Jer and I were thinking I had to check the sugar and carbs on everything, but really I have to focus on the carbs. The nutritionist recommended three meals as well as three snacks a day!!!! For breakfast I can have 45 g of carbs, lunch and dinner 60 g of carbs and snacks are 30 g of carbs. We were given a guide on the carbs which included most foods as well as an eating out guide. I just feel so much better now knowing what I can and cannot have. We also were given our own PINK blood glucose monitoring kit and taught how to prick our fingers. They recommended we test 4 times per day. Its not bad at all. So for any of you that were worried about how I was handling all of this, I now know that I can handle this! I have tested twice today and the levels have been great! Thanks for the encouragement you all have given!

3 comments:

Baby Mitchler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Baby Mitchler said...

So glad to hear you and Jer had a good visit with the nutritionist. It can be all overwhelming!! But you sound confident, so I'm not going to worry about you anymore. :) Well... maybe just a little bit.
If you need any nurse-type opinions, let me know! LOL
Love you guys!

Grandma said...

It was great to talk to you last night. Glad to here that things are progressing just fine. I will pray for you.

Love you know who?